Ghanta Ghar or Clock Tower of Multan was built in 1884 A.D. during British Raj in British India. After passing the municipal act of 1883 British needed offices to run the city. They started constructing Ghanta Ghar in Multan on 12 February 1884 and it took 4 years to completely build this building. It was constructed over the ruins of Haveli of Ahmad Khan Sadozai which was completely destroyed during Siege of Multan. The hall and building were named 'Ripon Hall and Ripon Building' after the name of Ripon, viceroy of India at that time. And clock tower was named Northbrook Tower after the name of Northbrook, a former Viceroy of India (1872-1876). On 27 October 2011, three clocks of Ghanta Ghar were repaired and started again showing the time of PST which is +5GMT. This effort was done by a watch company Rado. The machinery and needles of the clocks were changed while the clock's main dial was unchanged. It runs on solar energy. The clock had stopped working in 1985.